I have stumbled upon Yahoo! Answers website and realise it is fun solving people questions actively!
I will be putting up my answers which has been put down as best answers by the person asking the question to share with everyone who's visiting my site.
Question:
HELP, MASCARA DILEMMA!!!!!!!
My eyelashes are mostly naturally straight, but i use an eyelash curler that curls them nicely. The thing is, all the mascara's i buy deflate the curliness the eyelash curler makes! Does anyone know of any mascara's that will hold curliness and not deflate?
If you know of a mascara, please tell me what brand it is! And it would help if someone with straight lashes has accomplished what i am trying to do and shares their answers. Thanks!
Answer:
Dear Mascara Dilemma,
straight stubborn lashes are easily "forced up" to curl.
There are two methods which i will share with you.
Why did the lashes becomes straight right after you curled them to the skies?
Two valid reasons
- your mascara is too wet
- you have put too much mascara on the lashes
how to properly use it...
Curl your lashes in three portions. Close to lash tips, centre of lash length and close to the lash roots (be careful of not grabbing your skin portion of your lashes.)
Pat your mascara wand on a piece of tissue. Do not rub the wand onto the tissue as this might dislodge the tissue fibre onto your mascara wand, contaminating it with paper fibres.
After dabbing the wand of excess mascara, take the wand and swing it around using your wrists for 3 to 4 seconds. That is to dry out the mascara slightly. Then you apply the mascara onto your lashes with one coat, using a zigzag pattern. Allow this to dry before putting on the 2nd coat (which will be applied using the same method).
The slightly dried out mascara using this method, will hold the lashes up better and longer. The 2nd coat will add more volume to it. Just watch out for the wand if the mascara is too wet, everything will be pulled straight again.
The SECOND method would be...
using a heated mascara wand.
Apply a layer of your current mascara you are using on your lashes.
Allow it to dry out.
Using a heated mascara wand (made popular in Asia coz of the straight stubborn lashes we have over here), you press the lashes upwards and hold for 10 seconds.
the heat will hold the lashes up, the mascara will be totally dried up and holding the lashes upwards.
I have tried various heated eye lash wands, but the best is to use an australian brand call MODELCO as the heat is controlled and you don't have to fear about accidentally getting the heated wand onto your skin. It feels hot but never burns. I know I had to try it on myself before I used it for my shoots and customers.
you can buy it from sephora at http://www.sephora.com/
these two methods are what i have been using for the past 3 years of freelancing and it works. Hope it'll help you too.
My favourite mascaras for the moments are
Shu Uemua Precise Volume Mascara http://www.shuuemura-usa.com/products/Pr...
MAC Zoom Lash (not waterproof)
http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/pr...
Covergirl Lash Blast
http://www.covergirl.com/products/produc...
Aug 11, 2008
How to keep the curl of the lashes with mascara?
Input by
Hello Chu
at
3:38 AM
Labels: Covergirl lash blast, Curling of lashes, MAC Zoom Lash, ModelCo Heated L:ash Curler, removing mascara, Shu Uemura Precise Volume Mascara, straight lashes, stubborn lashes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I found the absolute best heated eyelash curler, Hot Lashes heated curler and tried their mascara with has a Quick dry formula.
This is the only heated eyelash curler with mascara that makes my eyelashes stay curled till the next day.
Their Hot lashes heated curler with their quick dry mascara was the final search for me. Works amazingly.
My absolute New cult favorite.
The best by far, none come close.
Hope this helps...
I use the Revlon Extra Curl Eyelash Curler (Black with red refill)for my straight, straight, lashes. I also found that most mascara's will straighten my lashes even if I heat the curler (with blow dryer, 3-5 seconds).
Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara is the ONLY one that will keep the curl. You just have to apply a few coats. I also use a curved wand (cleaned) from another product that didn't work, with the Maybellne mascara. Hope that helps :)
This will not succeed in reality, that is what I think.
Post a Comment